Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Alina

Music is one of the most important pieces of my writing process. Certainly more than Tetris. As such, I compile playlists every time I start a new project, because I know how much of an impact music has on my writing. It offers inspiration when the well runs dry, helps me to properly envision the scene, and is a good way to waste time while still telling people, "Leave me alone, I'm busy doing writer things."
I've already talked about two of the songs on my Willow playlist, but here's another. It's a slow, haunting melody that really worked well for the more emotional aspects of the story, of which there were many.
Seriously, guys, I'm an emotional wreck.
Worth it, though.

2 comments:

  1. You are not an emotional wreck, you are just experiencing YOU when that emotion comes to play ... I can totally relate to this post as I am Guilty as Charged. When I am busy with my work projects or just writing any of my rubbish projects but needs concentration - Jazz does it for me. Out of these situations I love soul, lil bit of hip hop and alternative music as I find it Pure and Original. Overall music does affect me in deeper and different ways. Great post Sarah, later :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Admittedly, the emotional wreck thing was a bit of a joke, but your comment has made me smile.
      I've never thought about jazz for a project or anything like that. I might have to branch out for my current thing, actually!

      Delete